Do I need to pay taxes on my earnings or have a work permit?

As with all self-employed individuals residing in the UK or Ireland, cat sitters are responsible for complying with their local tax and regulatory framework that applies to self-employment.


If you wish to obtain first-hand and accurate information that relates to your query, we would recommend you check the official governmental website for all matters related to self-employment and taxation.


Here are some useful links:


NOTE: In the UK any income below £1000 does not need to be declared as income.

An overview page on being self employed which is an excellent introduction on what you need to do:


For more in depth information there is an e-learning course that is extremely useful:


There are also webinars (online seminars) and YouTube videos that can be found here:


Cat in a Flat

The Trusted Cat Sitting Community


Become a Cat Sitter. Join Here

How does cat sitting work? Watch Here

For cat care tips and info visit our Blog

Did you find it helpful? Yes No

Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.